We had a very successful grid expedition to DM16 and DM 17 in Death
Valley. A total of 55 QSOs were made, 38 fro DM 16 and 17 from DM 17.
This was my first Grid Expedition and I can see how it can be addictive.
Others far more experienced than I like WD9EWK, K8YSE and others can
certainly add their lessons learned but here were mine:

- Using the Pelican case to hold the irgs in the ready position worked
very well. Just pop them open and go.
- Death Valley is deep. I loss the first 10 degrees at the horizon.
- FO29 became available during the trip, but I hadn't brought along
pass info for it.
- The SLAB (Sealed Lead Acid Battery) worked well, but needed recharging
by the third day.
- Einstein said something to the effect the Time is what keeps
everything happening at the same time. I found this to be incorrect. At
the same time for a satellite pass the cookies were ready in the solar
oven, workers fired up a chain saw to work on a near by salt ceder, and
someone was backing in his diesel belching land yacht (motor home) into
the spot next to us.

I'm preparing the QSL cards. If you worked me and need DM17 or 16, just
dropped me a card to my QRZ address.
73
Mike WA6ARA

OBTW - looking to repeat at least part of this in February.