My initial 1100m long satllite antenna idea (with no knowledge of propogation
possibility through the ionosphere) is:

a) connect a product detector (SSB) receiver to the 1/2 wave 137 kHz satellite
antenna and downlink the audio that it hears on the UHF FM downlink.  Then
anyone can hear the 137 KHz experimenters if the satellite does. USA Hams
cannot transmit on the 137 KHz band. But no licensing of the LF uplink is
needed since we are only "listening to an ionosphere experiment"...

b) Connect a small CW transmitter on 137 KHz to the 1100m antenna and see if
the LOFERS can hear it?  But there is no ITU/IARU amateur satellite
authorization there.  But again, on-off keying of some electrons on a long
ionosphereic tether would be a physics experiement, not comms.

If such a link is possible, then people can transmit up on 145.825 MHz with
normal PACKET, and the satellite will convert the packet message to CW on the
137 Khz downlink.

The #1 question is whether 137 KHz will pass anything through the ionosphere?
Maybe only straight up?  I hoipe some real space-physics people can contribut
knowledge here.

Bob, WB4APR