Timely info, as I am going to rebuild my directional satellite array
this week using:
144: M2 2M7 12.4-dBi (vert-pol)
432: M2 436CP24 14-dBic (est.) RHCP (rear half of 436CP42)
2401: L-com Patch 8-dBic RHCP
No L-band
http://www.kl7uw.com/MODSATTWR.jpg

I may add pol switch to the 432 x-yagi later on.

This is my minimized array to lower wind resistance and get a
tracking array back up in mid-winter.  I can consider restoring the
fully antenna array next summer when able to lower the tower on
hinge-over base using my pickup truck.

At 11:10 AM 12/21/2010, Alan P. Biddle wrote:
>John,
>
>It is linear.  You are right that the information exists, but is sometimes
>not readily available.  A good place to look is the Weekly Satellite Report
>which AMSAT distributes.  For many, but not all satellites, that information
>is just below the frequency information.  For AO-51 we find:
>
>Mode and Antenna Polarization:
>
>V: Linear
>U: TX A (usually digital)LHCP
>    TX B (usually analog) RHCP
>L: Linear
>S: Linear
>
>Alan
>WA4SCA

73, Ed - KL7UW, WD2XSH/45
BP40IQ   500 KHz - 10-GHz   www.kl7uw.com
EME: 144-1.4kw*, 432-100w*, 1296-testing*, 3400-winter?
DUBUS Magazine USA Rep dubus...@hotmail.com