Hi Zach,

We've had our hands full with power management considerations (and holiday
schedules).

Our plan is to go to normal FM voice mode with 435.300 down, 145.920 up--one
transmitter only; 435.150 will be turned ON and OFF for collection of telemetry
on a daily basis by the command team.

The hope is that the mode change will occur around 2030 today (1 Jan 2011).

We anticipate running the regular voice repeater all month as we manage through
the changing eclipse periods.  AO-51 will be seeing longer eclipses and there
will be times when the bird goes off for several minutes at a time--including
over populated areas.  It seems like it's occurring in the early AM time
frame...

73!

Mark N8MH

At 10:00 AM 1/1/2011 -0500, Zachary Beougher wrote:
>Happy New Year Everyone! Could anyone tell me when AO51 switches back to
>regular voice operation?  The current schedule
>(http://www.amsat.org/amsat-new/echo/CTNews.php) ended on the 30th, and I
>didn’t see anything about when it would be back in voice. 73! Zack KD8KSN

Mark L. Hammond  [N8MH]