GM everyone...heard HO-68 beacon very loud right on schedule and right where it
was supposed to be. Couldn't copy tele due to local noise and kid QRM.

Will post on D Carr's website. Very loud with my EME array.

Enjoy the weekend everyone. 73 Jeff WB2SYK FN13xc

From: PA3GUO <pa3...@upcmail.nl>
Sender: amsat-bb-boun...@amsat.org
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2011 9:23:41
To: <amsat-bb@amsat.org>
Subject: [amsat-bb] Re: HO68 1706z Pass???

Hi Joe

May not be of much help, but here is a video summarizing HO-68 modes:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6oDgUTHCwg

Using an 8 elements antenna + pre-amp I can hear the beacon from 0.1 degrees
elevation already
At 5 degrees it's rock-solid. Without pre-amp you hear it from 10 degrees or
so, depending on your radio.
We have heared the FM repeater on a portable radio with a simple vertical.

Be aware of the doppler shift at 70cm, which is a few kHz (tune around !).

Let us know how it works out for you, I find it really a nice & easy satellite
to use.

Dont panic if you do not hear the beacon/transponder. As mentioned already,
there are some problems and both maybe be off (I had yesterday a pass where
the beacon was on but also one pass where it was off)

Success !
Henk, PA3GUO

--
Henk, PA3GUO