I call your attention to the article entitled "Citizen Satellites" on
pages 48-53 of the latest Scientific American (my copy arrived just
today). The article is by Alex Soojung-Kim Pang and Bob Twiggs. Many of
you know Bob Twiggs as KE6QMD, a long-time AMSAT supporter who is widely
known as having been "father" of the Cubesat concept when he was at
Stanford.

Bob is now a Professor at Moorehead State Univ in Kentucky. Many of you
may have met him when he brought several of his students to the 2010
AMSAT Space Symposium in Chicago. You can read about Moorehead's space
program at http://ssc.moreheadstate.edu/.

AMSAT and OSCAR have a proud heritage in espousing the concept that
there is real potential worth to small, "hitchhiker" satellites. For may
years it was like AMSAT was a voice in the "toy satellite" wilderness;
as you read the Scientific American article, you will be surprised at
just how that message has spread to the commercial, scientific and
military world.

73 de Tom, K3IO