From: amsat-bb-boun...@amsat.org [mailto:amsat-bb-boun...@amsat.org] On
Behalf Of Wayne Estes
Sent: Sunday, January 23, 2011 5:27 PM
To: amsat-bb@amsat.org
Subject: [amsat-bb] Tracking with parallel to USB converter

I want to use my HalloRotor parallel-port rotor interface with a new PC
that doesn't have a parallel port.  Has anybody had success using a
parallel-to-USB converter with a parallel port rotor interface?

In the past I used a parallel-to-USB converter and Windows device
manager decided that it was a "USB printer", not LPT2.  Is there a model
of parallel-to-USB converter that Windows recognizes as a LPTx ?

Wayne Estes W9AE
Oakland, Oregon, USA, CN83ik