Hi Jake,

Oh, so THAT explains it!  I heard you on SO-50 last night, called you
back a few times but it didn't seem like you ever heard me.   No one
else was on the bird at the time -- my duplex downlink was full
quieting at the time so I knew I was making it in as well.   I was
intrigued by your CM88 grid (same as mine) and wanted to know where
you were -- after the pass I looked you up, saw you were just south of
me, but couldn't find an email with which to contact you.

Anyway, you were solid into SO-50.  I didn't hear any noise whatsoever
on the sat during the pass, but occasionally I hear a "popping" noise
about S3-S4 on the UHF bands either locally (Fairfield) or even as far
away as Mt Lassen when I go QRP-portable.

Best regards,

Dave KB5WIA / CM88