Hi, Dave
I'm using them, and at first I powered them up the coax from my FT-847.
I then went and connected a 2M bandpass filter to get rid of some 2M
crud in my area, and didn't check if the filter had the center pin of
the coax at DC ground or not. It did, and I popped the transistor that
switches the voltage to the coax.
Now I power them with separate power, using some "paired" red/black
cable soldered in to a PL-259. I use an RG-58 adapter, as that takes up
some of the excess space where the relatively small wires go into the
back of the plug, and also provides a nice, rounded edge for the wires
to rest against so the sharp edge of the PL-259 won't cut the insulation.

73, Jim  KQ6EA