Sure can, I've done it before switching to the twin radios.  If you
only configure one radio with SatPC32, it uses the "SPLIT" fuction of
the FT8x7 to automatically set both the RX and TX frequencies for
doppler on VFOs A & B.

Remember that a critical factor for operating on the linear birds is
calibrating your particular radio for the uplink / downlink offset.
This is really easy with two radios (since you can hear your own
downlink) but with a single radio it's much more difficult.  Out of
the box, my twin FT-817's were about 2 kHz off with the default
frequency offsets in SatPC32.  Before ARISSat, try practicing on VO-52
or AO-7 with their 70cm uplinks and 2m downlinks -- they're often not
crowded at all, and it will be good to get your rig close in
calibration with the help of some others on the air there.

73 de Dave KB5WIA / CM88