There was a posting that alluded activation on April 12 but I find
nothing on the Russian site about ARISSat-1.  I suppose they could
connect it to the test antenna on the ISS like they just did.

A lot of questions about the battery condition waiting for a launch
in July.  I would suppose there was a external power jack provided
for testing.  Could that power ARRISSat-1 from the ISS power systems
for recharging/test transmissions?  This is a question and not based
on any knowledge I have about what it has.

July launch gives me time to restore my tracking antenna systems
after being damaged by wind in Dec.  I will probably get the antennas
remounted sooner, but I still have to T/S and repair the B5400 controller.

73, Ed - KL7UW

At 05:38 AM 2/13/2011, g0...@aol.com wrote:

>I wonder if it will sit until July?
>
>After all the Russians KEDR name reflects the upcoming anniversary of Yuri
>Gagarin's flight into space. That was 50yrs ago on 12th April.
>
>So many questions....
>
>David
>

>In a message dated 13/02/2011 08:28:12 GMT Daylight Time,
>orbit...@hotmail.com writes:
>
>Interesting comments:
>
>"During the test, RSC-Energia decided  to keep the transmitter on
>until Friday morning. "
>
>Hmmm curious  about a few things but... what impact this "test" has had on
>battery life,  considering the vehicle now "sits" until at least July...
>
>Robert G.  Oler WB5MZO life member AMSAT/ARRL soon to be NAARS and
>5Nsomething

73, Ed - KL7UW, WD2XSH/45
BP40IQ   500 KHz - 10-GHz   www.kl7uw.com
EME: 144-1.4kw*, 432-100w, 1296-testing*, 3400-winter?
DUBUS Magazine USA Rep dubus...@hotmail.com