Hi Howard,

Lucky  you :)

Here is my personal opinion from 20 years of operations--if you cannot
change polarity, don't use circular.   Linear works wonderfully.

M2 yagis work great no matter what polarity the bird is in...I have
installed mine vertically on a metal boom.  No regrets.  And they are
quite  a bit cheaper!!

My last setup purchase included three M2 yagis, and I love 'em!

http://www.m2inc.com/products/uhf/70cm/44018.html

http://www.m2inc.com/products/vhf/2m/2m7.html

http://www.m2inc.com/products/uhf/23cm/23cm35ez.html

Price those, and then compare the price to circular ones with polarity
switching on the 2M AND 70cm, and you'll see one reason I went that
route :)

Other reasons include quality, balance on the rotors, gain, length
(around 10'), durability, and simplicity, etc.

Add a 2' dish on a 8' to 10' horizontal metal boom and you're good for
four bands, and the standard Yaesu G5500 will do just fine with the
whole mess.

Don't get me wrong---circular is more of the ideal, but it gets a bit
more complicated with polarity switching (not easily done remotely for
example!), not to mention the expense.

73,

Mark N8MH

On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 10:06 AM, Howard Kowall <hkow...@shaw.ca> wrote:
> Good morning to all
> Well my wife gave me the ok to get some new base satellite antennas.
> I could really only find 2 manufactures of theses antennas in North America
> M2 and GulfAlpha.Is there any others,and also can anyone recommend something
> I would like to be able to use them for the FM sats and Transponders.
> I would imagine that circular polarized would be the way to go(rhcp)
> Any input would be much appreciated
> Thanks to all who read and reply
> Howard
> VE4ISP