Alan,

You said 'Willing to pay for it'.

In my mind, this brings up an interesting fundraising possibility. Of
course, this would revolve around how much the project management and
engineering Cared about having their own pet-name for a project.

How about a "Pay to Name The Sat" drive, that could work like this:

- You take submissions for satellite names from anyone via web-submission
  * Restrictions on the allowable names would be clearly defined during
submission!!
- The BOD or Lead Engineers would come together and choose the top 5
- Then you have a website, where people can donate N dollars for the name
they like the most.
- Whichever name receives the most $'s by a certain date, would be the name
that is chosen to fly!

All proceeds to go the Amsat project.

Just a thought,
Joseph Armbruster