Hi Art, KC6UQH

If you are satisfied with an antenna  VSWR in the order of 1.5 : 1 then
you don't need an antenna analyser but only a VSWR meter.

An antenna analyser must be able to measure with accuracy the real part and
the imaginary part of the impedance i.e. the resistive and the reactive part
of the impedance Z = R +/- jX

For example the same antenna VSWR of 1.5 : 1 can be obtained with an
antenna impedance having the following values and all of them are laying
over the same VSWR circle of the Smith Chart

Z1 = 38+j13 ohm
Z2 = 66+j16 ohm
Z3 = 58- j20 ohm
Z4 = 34- j0   ohm

Since the same VSWR can be found over a VSWR circle then the values
of the impedance giving the same VSWR are infinite values.

The MFJ-269 analyser make acceptable  R +/-jX measurements only up to
30 MHz but fail to measure accurate resistive and reactive part of the
impedance above 30 MHz and in other words it is not a respectable antenna
analyser.

Why to wast money to buy an antenna analyser to measure wrong values of
Z= R+/- jX if been happy with only the value of the VSWR you need only a
VSWR meter ?

73" de

i8CVS Domenico