--- On Tue, 8/3/11, Miguel A. Vallejo, EA4EOZ <ea4...@yahoo.es> wrote:
> Unlicensed devices imposing restrictions to licensed users?
> I hope you
> are joking, otherwise you have a serious problem with Ofcom

No I'm not joking, when devices are sold in large numbers Governments will
protect them even if they are unlicensed.

The UK now has 15 million automoblies using 433 MHz to open the doors and start
the engine.

Is the UK Government going to say to 15 million voters they've got to pay a lot
of money to have a decent receiver installed or are they going to shut down a
few Amateur repeaters ? That's the simple choice, no prizes for guessing which
they choose.

The same will hapen in any part of the world where SRD's are allowed on 433/434
MHz - it's the number of votes that count - doesn't matter what International
Regs may say.

73 Trevor M5AKA