Hello James
Yes, satellite communications is a fantastic part in our hobby. I am a
new satellite operator too, but not new to Amateur Radio. I also did my first
contact as
a Novice at 11 years old. Now, I am 22 years old.
�
I am really enjoying make contacts on the birds. It is fantastic,
incredible, gripping, and It has been a great goal for me. I have been
completing my
setup step by step until I reached my first unforgettable satellite contact
with John
K8YSE.
�
Our hobby is fascinating. I love the radio.
�
I hope to hear you on the birds.
�
73
�
Hector, CO6CBF
EL92

> Hi James,
>
> And welcome to
the addiction :)

> Glad you had such a great first experience. You
represent the type of person that makes
> all the early hours and occasional
restless nights all worth while.

> Best wishes for LOTS more
contacts and 73,

3/15/2011 -0500, James Luhn wrote:
>>I would like to say "Thank
You" to all who manage AO-51 and all of the
>>other Amateur Radio
Satellites. I am new to satellites but not new to
>>Amateur Radio. I
recently celebrated 50 years as a Ham and my first
>>contact via a
satellite. My first contact via AO-51 brought back so
>>many memories of my
first contact as a Novice at 11 years old. When I
>>mentioned that I was
making my first contact via satellite, the users
>>that afternoon welcomed
me with open arms and I soon had stations
>>calling me as a #2, a #3, and
even a #4 contact. Everyone was so
>>forgiving of my excitement with getting
calls mixed up, unbelievable
>>phonetics, and probably poor operating
etiquette. There is nothing more
>>exciting than to hear your call coming
through the satellite after you
>>get enough nerve to transmit. I listened
for at least 100 passes before
>>I dared hit the transmit switch. After all
the listening, I still
>>probably got it all mixed up. To me this was the
ultimate stage
>>fright! Thank you again to all involved. You gave me an
opportunity to
>>add another day in my life that I will never forget. What a
great hobby
>>we have!!!!
>>
>>73's and 88's to all!

>>James