Hi!

I will have an AMSAT table at the Radio Society of Tucson's spring
hamfest on Saturday, 26 March 2011.  The hamfest will be at the usual
spot for hamfests in that city, in the Kino Sports Complex - along Ajo
Way, east of I-10 and the baseball stadium (previously Tucson Electric
Park, now Kino Veterans Memorial Stadium).  There is a map of the area
showing the hamfest location available at:

http://www.rstclub.org/sites/default/files/HamfestMap11.jpg

The hamfest officially starts at 0700 local (1400 UTC), but - as with
most hamfests in Arizona - there will be people roaming around an hour
or so earlier.  WD9EWK will be on several satellite passes throughout
the morning for demonstrations from approximately 1300 UTC, including
AO-7 passes if it is in mode B (it should be, if the current pattern
continues).  The hamfest site is in grid DM42me.

Depending on how long I stay in the Tucson area after the hamfest, I
may make a drive to one of the different boundaries in southeastern
Arizona for a few hours to work satellite passes before returning home.
I have been to the DM51/DM52 boundary (along US-191, south of I-10 near
the town of Sunsites in Cochise County) on the last couple of trips to
that area, and it has been almost a year since I last visited the
DM52/DM53 boundary (along US-70, northwest of Safford in Graham County).
The Arizona/New Mexico state line along I-10 (grid DM52 only) is also a
possibility.  Whatever direction I go, I should be visible on APRS at
(among other places):

http://aprs.fi/wd9ewk-9

If you have a preference on which of these boundaries I should visit,
please e-mail me directly.  I can't guarantee I will honor all requests,
and really can't do that given the distances between these points. It
helps to know what others might be interested in working.  Some have
already worked me in all 3 of these locations during my past trips.

Whether you work me at the hamfest and/or wherever I go afterwards, I
will be happy to confirm any QSOs with QSL cards.  There's no need to
first send me a card or SASE, just an e-mail with the QSO details.  I
will take care of sending a card (or cards) out.  I will also upload
my QSOs to Logbook of the World.

73!

Patrick WD9EWK/VA7EWK
http://www.wd9ewk.net/