>Desiring a "solution" is indicative of there being a "problem." It has not
>been
>demonstrated to my satisfaction that there is a massive problem that
>required
>re-thinking of what FM sats are all about.

Lots of users and limited resources is always ugly...  whether it be
traffic, water,
groceries, black-friday sales, or working a new grid on a FM bird.

Rare grids or Field Day on a FM-bird may not be a "problem", but certainly
does
not hold us in the best light. I thought the purpose of satellite on Field
Day was to
encourage new users to the mode...   would you introduce someone to ham
radio
by letting them listen to a rare dx pile-up?

An aside:  is the use of QRZ? on the rare-grid side frowned upon? or would
it
make things worse?  I think a lot of the errant calling is folks trying to
separate from
capture effect, or guessing when the rare one is listening. I hear this a
lot on the
ISS voice passes as well, where you can't hear the uplink of others.

Bill W1PA