I am checking out a couple of surplus Paccomm PSK-1 this weekend.
I was told that there was only one version of the PSK-1 firmware, BUT I have
discovered that is not true.

S/N are hand written on the PSK-1 printed circuit board.

S/N P10511

*     P a c C o m m   P S K   M o d e m       *
*      Software version 2.01  CSUM: 6717      *
*    COPYRIGHT 1989 Digital Signal Systems    *
*  -with Kansas City Tuner REALTIME Support-  *

<1> Mode:                 Manchester (Satellite)
<2> Modem:                Out-of-Line (TNC's modem)
<3> Joint/Split:          Joint (VHF RX, VHF TX)
<4> AFC:                  None (Provide no AFC outputs)
<5> Mic-Click Sense:      Active-Low
<6> Clicks-per-Step:      One
<7> Maximum Step Rate:    2  per second
<8> DCD Output Sense:     Active-Low
<9> RS232 Speed:          1200 8N1
<A> KC Tuner Radio Type:  None

     Enter Function# or ESCAPE to exit...
-----
This earlier 1989 version (2.01) supports the KC Tuner function
This version of the PSK-1 will turn ON (slave operation), when the host TNC-2
is tuned ON

-----
S/N P10809

*     P a c C o m m  P S K   M o d e m        *
*    PSK Firmware version 2.10  CSUM: 2A05    *
*  (C) 1990 Digital Signal Sys, 1991 PacComm  *

<1> Mode:                 Manchester (Satellite)
<2> Modem:                Out-of-Line (TNC's modem)
<3> Joint/Split:          Joint (VHF RX, VHF TX)
<4> AFC:                  None (Provide no AFC outputs)
<5> Mic-Click Sense:      Active-Low
<6> Clicks-per-Step:      One
<7> Maximum Step Rate:    2  per second
<8> DCD Output Sense:     Active-Low
<9> RS232 Speed:          1200 8N1
<A> Help:

    Enter Function # or CONTROL-C or ESCAPE to exit...
-----
This later 1990 version (2.10) removes the KC Tuner support and
replaces it with a Help function.
This version of the PSK-1 will NOT turn ON, when the host TNC-2 is tuned ON.
Power ON function has to be separately performed with each modem.

=====
Interesting discovery and behavior.

Any thoughts?

Greg