2011/4/8 i8cvs <domenico.i8...@tin.it>

> Just for curiosity. Was Yury Gagarin a licensed radio Ham and what his
> call letter ? Anybody had a QSO with him ?

I think K2UBC discussed this aspect here on amsat-bb some years ago and
the outcome was "probably not", i.e. there is no proof Yuri G was UA1LO,
which
has been a common belief based  some QSL with Gagarin's picture on QSL
from UA1LO whose name happened to be Yuri as well.

Anyhow I had yesterday a QSO on HF with U5ARTEK, a clubstation
whose page on qrz.com shows a picture of Yuri Gagarin operating
from the same club station back in 1960's.

So Yuri has probably been at least a "2nd operator" ;)

Anyway there is plenty of anniversary stations on the air at least
on HF (hopefully also on sats), at least the following:

R50YG "Yuri Gagarin"
R50SK "Sergey Korolev"
RG50D
RG50K
RG50F Star City training center
RG50C Landing Site
RG50G
R1961G
U5ARTEK/A
R3K Energija Space Flight Control Center

73 de Ari OH3KAV
Tampere, Finland (grid: KP11)