Glen et all,
Once upon a time, during WWII, the phonetic alphabet started: Abei, Baker,
Dog.....etc.
With the advent of NATO, it was soon realized that the American version, or any
ones
else, was not suitable for international communication. Soon the NATO phonetic
alphabet
was developed by the military, and  became international standard. The present
international phonetic alphabet defines the letter K as KILO, not kilowatt. It
would be very
helpful for the amateur community to stick to established international
standards and not
bicker with their own cute substitutes. Citizens band has infiltrated ham radio
to the point
of satellite communication. Even as amateurs, let's be PAPA ROMEO OSCAR FOXTROT
ECHO SIERRA SIERRA INDIA OSCAR NOVEMBER ALPHA LIMA.
73,
Peter, NH6VB