Hey can o empty worms,

What is the deal there zed? Zed ted same same ZULU clear as a bell.. Kilo
foxtrot one bravo uniform Zulu.

-----Original Message-----
From: amsat-bb-boun...@amsat.org [mailto:amsat-bb-boun...@amsat.org] On
Behalf Of K5VGU Duane Vigue
Sent: Sunday, April 10, 2011 7:37 PM
To: summit...@live.com
Cc: amsat-bb@amsat.org
Subject: [amsat-bb] Re: STANDARD

No comment on the phonetics discussion...tastes great, less
filling...however, I do have something on the following comment:
 <<<Oh and by the way its HAND HELD not handy talky, you guys talkin on your
baby moniter or somethin?>>> A little history lesson for some of us here (
me included )...google SCR-536...I assume this is where the term "handie
talkie" comes from.  Note the radio "received coverage" in the November 1942
QST.  Interesting.
73 all...see you on the birds!
Duane, K5VGU
Wetumpka, AL