On Sun, Apr 10, 2011 at 11:07 AM, Douglas Quagliana <dquagli...@aol.com>wrote:

>   Save your recordings as .WAV files.  Don't use MP3 format and
> don't convert the recordings into MP3 recordings. Leave the
> recordings as big huge .WAV files.

Let me stress the importance of this. MP3 is a "lossy" format, designed only
to make something that "sounds like" the original signal did to the human
ear. It is not intended for digitally modulated signals that are to be
decoded by a modem!

Although the BPSK1000 format has actually been decoded from an
MP3-compressed copy, this came as quite a surprise to me - it's certainly
not something to rely on!

A *lossless* compression scheme like FLAC, Shorten or Apple Lossless would
be fine, if you have one. But if you're not sure, just keep the original
.wav files. Thanks!