"Whether the operator puts his/her beam at 15 degrees elevation, at 30
degrees elevation, or at another elevation, the answer to the original
question remains the same.  Yes, using a yagi with a fixed elevation can be
used for satellite communication and, in the vast majority of time, a fixed
elevation yagi works very well."

Well said, Glen. After all the discussion I put my Elk up at somewhere
between 30 and 25 and it works like a champ !! Night and day over my
previous circular set up !! I'm not losing any sleep over +- 5 degrees...

73, Ted K7TRK