Or we could put Gould on the the next trip to the ISS and fix it!  Comon
laugh--it's the weekend.

73 Bob W7LRD

----- Original Message -----
From: tosca...@umn.edu
To: "R Oler" <orbit...@hotmail.com>
Cc: "Amsat BB" <amsat-bb@amsat.org>
Sent: Saturday, April 16, 2011 8:47:57 AM
Subject: [amsat-bb] Re: ARISSat-1 - Battery Failure

On Apr 15 2011, R Oler wrote:

 There are LOTS of reasons that the bird could have failed, in my viewpoint
the BEST one is that the battery has some issues. Operating the vehicle in
a thermal environment that it was not designed for would be a first guess,
followed by some sort of "crib death" issue, and next comes parts connected
wrong.

 In any event the failure does not bode well for a successful sat
deployment.

>See if this makes it on the board.  Robert G. Oler WB5MZO

One small consolation is that if the ISS crew can't get it working before
tossing it into space, it could (possibly) be brought back to Earth on a
future return trip to be diagnosed and repaired on the ground.

But let's hope it is something simple to fix up on the ISS and that someone
on the crew can take a little time to fix it.

But I also understand that none of those 3 scenarios are guaranteed (easy
to fix, time to fix it, or return it to Earth).

John P. Toscano, W0JT