No, they do not close DVNP after Easter. It is open all year around. There
are a couple of camp grounds closed after mid April that is only due to
the lower attendance. I was there last year well after Easter and walked
from Furnace Creek to Stovepipe with about 70 other fools for the Death
Valley Walk for Life. Was there just last week, nice 103f weather.

The summer months there is considerable traffic in the park, lots of
Europeans visit then. I will go up in June for the VHF / UHF contest and
operate out of Mahogany Flats near Telescope Peak - nice 8,000 foot spot,
a bit cooler than at Badwater.
...Mike WA6ARA