At 01:43 PM 4/24/2011, i8cvs wrote:
> [...]

You can still do eme on CW, just it will take a bigger antenna array
and 1000w to be heard.  JT-65 enables a station with a couple 10
element yagis or one longer yagi and 150w the ability to do eme on
2m.  That is a huge attraction.

One takes about $5,000 and the other $500-800.  You see the 10-dB
advantage applies to the cost as well! ;-)

CW is still prevalent on eme at 1296 and above.  I still hear plenty
of CW around 14.020.  It is the main mode used on LF and MW.  but
digital modes are demonstrating they are superior in weak-signal as
well as emcomm.

WSPR on 10-MHz has been copied at 120 microwatts.

73, Ed - KL7UW, WD2XSH/45