Hi Everyone,

Thanks for the QSOs during my portable operation today.  It was probably the
hardest portable operation I have done so far, as I am sure some of you
heard the plane that kept buzzing around every time I would transmit... ;-)
I can't exactly say what was causing that horrible "buzz" every time I would
transmit, but I do know that Horns Hill (where I was operating from) has
three towers with cell, amateur, police and fire repeaters on them.  I could
barely hear my downlink through the buzz, and the trees really complicated
it as well.  The first AO27 and AO51 passes were okay with a few QSOs made,
but we decided to just monitor the last AO27.  I heard at least one station
call on the 1957z AO27 pass, but I did not feel comfortable transmitting.
Everyone just enjoyed listening - especially to that pass.  Everyone enjoyed
hearing WD9EWK and KF7MYK on the west coast along with CO6CBF in Cuba and
VE3JW in Canada.

I was able to log all of the QSO from the first AO27 pass, but I do need the
1942z AO51 recording.  I had to sacrifice my recorder jack for an external
speaker.  If someone could email that to me I would greatly appreciate it!

If EN80 was new for anyone, let me know and I will send one of my regular
cards - no return/sase needed.

Thank you to the gracious ops today who put up with the noise!

73!

Zack
KD8KSN