Ok, all is a little clearer right now!

I wasn't aware that the sat relied on volatile memory to store the
main software. Was there a particular reason why this was chosen over
non-volatile or was it just an oversight that this issue would
eventually happen when the batteries became exhausted?

Just curious!

Think now is a good time to remind everyone that an extra few dollars
into the Amsat Fox fund wouldn't do any harm :-)

73

Pete
2i0VAX