Hi Everyone,

Just FYI, plans are coming together for a satellite mini
grid-expedition in early August this year.  The idea is to camp out
near Shelter Cove on the remote northern California Lost Coast area.
As much as possible, I'll hike with the portable satellite gear (Twin
FT817ND's, Elk antenna, solar panels and battery) and work from the
grid intersection of CM79, CM89, CN70, and CN80.  This is the same
location that was activated on 6m last year for the completion of the
FFMA award -- CM79 is a pretty rare grid, and the adjacent ones aren't
terribly common in the sat community either.  As usual, I'll try for
as many linear and FM passes as I can manage.

Operation (and the trip itself!) is still dependant on weather and
other factors, but I just wanted to give the group a heads up on this
one.

73 de Dave KB5WIA