From: Alexander Sack
Sent: Sunday, May 15, 2011 10:21 AM
To: amsat-bb@amsat.org
Subject: [amsat-bb] APRS beaconing on the ISS no luck....

Hello AMSAT-BB:

I have TH-D72A HT connected to a ANLI  AL-800 34" telescoping whip.
This morning there was an almost 90 degree pass over my grid square
(FN20rk).  I get loads of packets but for the life of me I can't
beacon myself!  :-(

I have my Decay Algorithm off, I have beaconing every 30 seconds (I
even manually beacon by pressing F+[Beacon] as per the Kenwood
manual).  I have my beaconing in APRS format.

Is this just not gonna happen on a HT?  I have tried 4 times with no
luck (all high elevation passes).  Again I see every packet that flies
by (comparing my HT list with that on ariss.net).  Very frustrating.

Help!

-aps (KC2ZSX)