Hi Bob,

>But why do you need to reach a digi?  You will be
>within wet-noodle range of every APRS person at
>Dayton and they can hear/see you even if you are
>on low power.  There will hopefully be an IGate
>at the Hamvention to pick up everyone.

I was originally wanting to get digipeated because I wanted to reach an
i-gate so that I could follow my track on the internet once I get back home,
and I didn't give it enough thought that a digipeater is not what I need -
it is the i-gate.  A more accurate question would be, will there be an
i-gate at Dayton?, which it sounds like there will be.  Other than that, I
do want the other APRS users to see me, but simplex will take card of that.

Thanks for your help!

Zack
KD8KSN