Kevin,

Do you think that because it is amateur, that you can ignore proper protocols?
CB is amateur too and lacks protocol. Do we want that?  Beaconing...legal,
broadcasting... illegal.  That's something old codger amateurs
didn't make up on this board here today. Calling CQ satellite for the whole
pass isn't illegal, may be lidish, but would you tolerate that breach in proper
satellite communications because it's amateur communications? You possibly
could be one to complain that you missed a VUCC grid because of that poor
operation and probably wouldn't excuse it due to the definitions you presented.

1) person who engages in a study, sport, or other activity for pleasure rather
than for financial benefit or professional reasons. (Doesn't mean pleasure
should derive from lidish behavior.)
2.an athlete who has never competed for payment or for a monetary prize.  (
There's a reg for that.)

3.a person inexperienced or unskilled in a particular activity: (I assume your
hanging your hat on this definition?  Unfortunately, most operators are skilled
in this activity.  Might lack experience, but skilled.)

So, that was all that was being pointed out to you by the other posts.

73
Greg
N3MVF

PS, If you have any comments, feel free to email me in private as my address
should be on the post.  We can then keep further discussion off board so that
it remains a civil board.