From: "Douglas Phelps" <dphel...@ameritech.net>
To: <amsat-bb@amsat.org>
Sent: Thursday, June 09, 2011 2:59 AM
Subject: [amsat-bb] SSB Operation on the satellites.

I am new to the satellites. Got to where I can hear my downlink if the bird
is
higher than 15 degrees. My question is about handling the doppler shift.

If you do not have a sat program automatically correcting you rig frequency,
what is the most common or preffered technique? 1 - Hold the TX steady and
adj
the RX for doppler or 2- Hold the RX steady and adjust the TX for doppler? I
know this must be a basic question but I am learning. Thanks,

Doug
K9DLP