<snip>

> So for the operator with a single
> FT-817ND - understanding there will be a
> learning curve in regards to doppler, doing the "Arrow
> wave" entertaining
> and/or frightening the neighbors, is AO-7 do-able or just
> not a really
> good idea?
>
> Won't be ticked off if the answer is "probably best not to
> try". Honest!
> :) I'm guessing it'll take a lot of programming memory
> channels to stay on
> track?

<snip>

Last year, I tried using HO-68 on SSB with my FT-817ND and had mixed results.
Most of the time, other stations heard my signal but couldn't contact me
because my downlink settings were too far off frequency.

A few months ago, I bought a second-hand '847 and I've been practicing on VO-52
and AO-7 during passes which are fairly quiet and I'm less likely to interfere
with other stations.

73s

Bernhard VA6BMJ @ DO33FL