I just arrived in Europe with a G5500 and was successfully able to convert the
controller to 220v simply by moving the wire connected to pin 2 on the KT-30
transformer to pin 3.  That's all it takes.  If EA4CYG's wire is on pin 3, I
would guess that someone has already converted it to 220v operation (perhaps
without changing the plug to a European connector?).

To be sure that you connect to the correct pin, measure the resistance with an
ohm meter between pins 0 and 2 and then 0 and 3.  The resistance between 0 and
3 should be significantly more (almost double) the resistance between 0 and 2.

73, Bill NZ5N/OM3BD

PS - I am now QRV from OM land on HF but not yet on the sats, due to some
antenna problems.