From: Douglas Phelps <dphel...@ameritech.net>
To: amsat-bb@amsat.org
Sent: Mon, June 20, 2011 4:24:53 PM
Subject: SO50 Help Please

My equipment is an FT-847 feeding a pair of 8 element RHCP antennas with
Advanced Research Preamps mounted at the antenna.  I use SatPC for the
automatic
tracking.  I am supposedly transmitting a 67 Hz PL on TX.

Ar elevations above 40 degrees, I can hear AO50 full quieting with just a
little
fading.  What I can not sdeem to do is TX through AO50.  I can TX OK through
AO51 in its current mode (QRP transponder and no PL) but not AO50.  I seemed
that if TX right when someone ended the TX, I could get in for a fraction of a
second.  Can anybody tell me what I am doing wrong?  Is their some quirk with
PL
in the Sat Mode on the FT-847?

Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.