Field Day to my understanding is to see how ops can get on the with the bare
minimum of equipment needed to make the contact.NOT to blast the **** out of
the bird and walk all over the little guy trying to play fair.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jeff KB2M" <k...@comcast.net>
To: "AMSAT" <amsat-bb@amsat.org>
Sent: Monday, June 27, 2011 10:35:35 AM
Subject: [amsat-bb] Re: FD Mess

 If it wasn't for the Oscar class stations making "HI POWER multi contacts"
who would help the vast majority of weak portable FD stations make their one
FD contact? Certainly not a weak station calling CQ for 5 passes!  I've
never heard two OCS making contact with each other, it's always with a much
weaker station. This is the other side of the same argument heard every year
after FD. Anyway I got my contact :)

73 Jeff kb2m 2A SNJ