you can make only one contact per fm satellite per mode (this depends on the
satellite). if a satellite has a voice fm repeater operation on 2m/70cm as well
as one on 70cm/2.4g then you could make one contact on each. otherwise, just
one
if only one repeater. if an ssb/cw bird, you can make as many as your little
heart is content with.

the problem is that on field day, everyone out there is trying to make their
ONE
ARRL bonus point contact. this clogs up the birds. the high power stations
operating from home try to give everyone a contact. is this acceptable, is it
not? it is your decision as to the proper way a satellite is to be used on
field
day.

AMSAT and adopted by the ARRL will allow only one satellite contact per FM
satellite per mode to try and give everyone a chance to get their bonus points.
but in real life, the FM satellites are very difficult to get that one contact
unless you do it right at the beginning or end of your pass when there is less
confusion on the bird. this has been a continuous problem since i started
participating in field days in 1993.

don't forget, the discussions that happen here on the bb are only read by such
small group of operators that the ones you are addressing are not even hearing
your comments and suggestions. even an article in the arrl magazine will not
reach all the operators on the satellites as many are not even members of the
league.

i am not trying to be critical of anyone that has commented in on the problem,
just stating the facts and we have the same discussion every year.

73...bruce