On Mon, Jun 27, 2011 at 03:13:34PM +0000, wa4...@comcast.net wrote:
> It took me 5 satellite passes before I could make 1 contact There were too
> many ops making what sounded like HI POWER multi contacts .This should not
> have happened. Maybe someone with good writting skills could send the ARRL
> world above 50 an artical on how to work the birds during FD
> WA4HFN em55  Damon

I know I am going to get hate mail again. I just know it. But here goes.
I've been quietly suggesting that we should _not_ be encouraging sat use
during field day, furthermore we probably should consider turning them
off during field day to stop this.

Now hear me out before you hit that reply key. Field day operators
are interested in those bonus points, we (amsat) are interested in
promoting amateur radio sat operations. How many of these field day
operations actually result in new satellite operators? Where are the
surveys, stats? Does the extra massive battery use of our sats justify
the PR? Keep in mind the state of AO-51 and FO-29.

Am I the only one? I'd be interested in a non-flame war discussion.

- 73 Diane VA3DB
--
- d...@freebsd.org d...@db.net http://www.db.net/~db
  Why leave money to our children if we don't leave them the Earth?