I am so glad there are so few actually involved in this list. Fellow hams here
are again becoming an embarrassment
to the hobby.

Whining and moaning about the lack of use of the FM birds 364 days out of the
year ... Now hams are complaining
that the FM birds were too busy for them to access for Field Day.

Additionally, it's been sad to see how many illiterate hams we have in this
group - as few cannot read the Field Day
rules and properly interpret some pretty basic sentences as they apply to
working the satellites.

Then we have the "The odds of getting a "real ham" on the ISS are pretty small
in my view" folks - truly a "view" of
ignorance. It's like complaining, "How DARE the astronauts aboard not come out
and play with me on amateur radio."
Yes, there was fifteen minutes scheduled for amateur radio contacts last
weekend. (Very few actually read the daily
schedules for the astronauts - if they did, they'd realize that those aboard
the ISS complete more tasks before lunch
each day than you and I perform in many times that time.) But to moan that they
chose to perform another task and
now demeaning them as "not REAL hams" is insulting.

I witnessed similar immature behavior from my fellow hams last April 12, when
we were hoping that ARISSat-1
would be activated for the Yuri Gagarin commemorations world-wide. Hams were
screaming bloody murder when
Web sites weren't being updated second-by-second to meet their demands for
information.

I repeat myself from an earlier post (same sentiment as a subsequent post by
another)  - Hams on the west coast of
the United States performed well on the FM satellites last weekend. I am proud
to live on this "left coast," as I read that
others had "problems" elsewhere.

I am giving my 13th formal satellite presentation of the year to a group
tomorrow night ... Seems I do not have to
change a thing that is taught to fellow hams out here.

Clint Bradford, K6LCS
http://www.work-sat.com
909-241-7666