> Other then very very easy to use what is the BIG deal
> about the FM sats? I must be missing something...

Its just the same whining and griping as we are hearing today on July 5th
about the delays on the Subway leaving the Washington DC 4th of July
Fireworks.  Only about 5 million people come down to the mall all day long.
Then at 9:37 PM when the last firework finale ends, all 5 million stampede
to the closest subway station and then fight and complain about everyone
else jamming the subway.

Guess what.  Its gonna happen, everytime.  Everyone thinks  they are going
to beat the crowd, or get there first.  And its all those other people in
-their- way.

Same goes for 2600 FD stations all trying to use a single FM channel during
an 8 minute pass...

By the way, I thought I had it all figured out.  We'd go to the first
station SOUTH of the mall to catch the NORTH bound train.  Everyone going
North we assumed would go to the first station north (where they came in
from)...  It was a brilliant plan....

Except that we could not even get within a block of the station because of
all the SOUTHBOUND people jamming entrance to the entire station for a half
a block.  SO even though the north bound trains were leaving there quite
empty, we could not get to them.  Silly me.  I should have realized that.

Working the FM satellites is easy and fun.  Just do it when no one else is
doing it.

It's like the Stock Market.  Its EASY... just buy low and sell high.  Works
every time.

Bob, WB4APR