>> ... I for one have lost My interest in it. I think even with peak
>> performance , it will take a class "a" ground station to hear any of the
>> formats We're expecting . Definitely not a school project . I hope it proves
>> Me wrong .

A handheld 2M HT and a simple antenna improvement for it are all that is
necessary to hear ARISSat-1 - as designed.

Definitely a school project - as schools across the planet are anticipating the
deployment. Especially schools in Russia and the U.S.

AMSAT NEWS SERVICE ANS-184 re-capped how easy it will be to monitor ARISSat-1.
And if you've mis-placed or given away your February, 2011 issue of QST
magazine, I have the "Getting Ready for ARISSat-1" article posted on my Web
site at ...

http://www.work-sat.com

Clint Bradford, K6LCS
909-241-7666