From: amsat-bb-boun...@amsat.org [mailto:amsat-bb-boun...@amsat.org] On
Behalf Of John Geiger
Sent: Thursday, July 07, 2011 2:41 PM
To: Thomas Schaefer
Cc: amsat-bb@amsat.org; Gordon JC Pearce
Subject: [amsat-bb] Re: OT: Off-topic posts [Was FM satellites]

This is one thing I have noticed that seems to be unique to ham lists-the
reflector police who are worried about off topic posts.  Not a shot at you
Tom. Your question is just fine.  However, I have been on quite a few
reflectors where they get very upset about off topic posts.  In the past I
have belonged to some non-ham reflectors, and nobody ever cared if a thread
got off topic.  I was talking to a friend about this on 70cm yesterday and
he thought the same thing.

Just an interesting observation. Not sure why hams get more concerned about
it than others.

Shoot, this was off the topic myself.

73s John AA5JG