--- On Fri, 7/8/11, saguaroas...@cox.net <saguaroas...@cox.net> wrote:

<snip>

> The glitch was a non confirmation of the gaseous vent arm
> retract. They turned a camera to it and validated that it
> had in fact retracted and resumed the count from there.
> about a 2 minute hold.

I heard that being mentioned.

I was surprised, however, that the count resumed at T-31 seconds where it was
halted.  I thought that it would be restarted at a point earlier in the
sequence, such as T-9 minutes.  I don't ever recall a launch, even as far back
as Mercury, in which a countdown was stopped so close to ignition and then
continued from where it left off.

> A nominal launch, good enough to eliminate the OMS-1 Burn.

I noticed that.

It's too bad that there was no live TV transmission of the ET separation seen
from the tank itself.  I always liked the view of the orbiter heading off.

<snip>

> > There was a glitch just as control was about to be
> handed over to the on-board computers but, others than that,
> it was a good launch.

73s

Bernhard VA6BMJ @ DO33FL