  From: Dee
  To: ld.lu...@frontier.com ; amsat-bb@amsat.org
  Sent: Sunday, July 17, 2011 9:29 AM
  Subject: [amsat-bb] Re: radio

  Best suggestion... Go to amsat website and order the book  "getting started
  in amateur satellites"  by Gould Smith, WA4SXM.  This book is a great primer
  and answers all your questions.  The "what is the best radio?" question has
  been answered so many times on the BB.  Look back at the archives of the BB
  (also at the website) and find out.
  Radios use are a personal item  -Portable?  Base?  Mobile?
  In the end, whatever you feel comfortable with using is THE radio to use.
  Have fun...
  73,
  Dee, NB2F