Are there any AMSAT folks with  a D700, D710 or D72 and the desire to drive
to a mountain top on Sunday?

We have two major holes in our 2000 mile Golden Packet attempt to get an
APRS message from Maine to Georgia.  Maybe someone in AMSAT likes to do a
drive-up mountain this weekend?

The Southern End is missing, and the key link from Mt Washington just had a
radio failure.  Plus there are some other weaknesses.  SO here are the
opportunities!

Mt Washington, NH
High-Point, NJ
Lookout Mountain, TN
Springer Mountain, GA

We operate only from NOON to 4 PM only (Sunday 24 July), less if everyone
gets their act together and we are successful with the first 2000 mile
packet ever...

There is also an attempt along the Pacific Coast as well.  They have some
opportunitites as well.  See:

http://aprs.org/at-golden-packet.html - Appalachians
http://aprs.org/pct-golden-packet.html - Pacific

Bob, WB4APR