Thanks for all the replies on my 5500 rotor problem! I had some time tonite
to work on it and here's what I got. On both a1 a3, and e1 e3 pairs I'm
reading only 1.0 volts. Between a2 a3 , and e2 e3 pairs I see only .5 volts
at half range, IE an elevation of 90 degrees =  a reading of .5 volts. I'm
going to order a new Q2 UA7806C and this should do it. Only question I have
is why Q2 failed to only output 1 volt, don't they usually fail and output 0
volts? I'm thinking it might be something else in the circuit feeding power
to Q2. If so I will work this further when I actually take the rotor box
apart with the new Q2 in hand. One other thing, I wish I can find all my
components' I boxed up when I moved. I bet I have 10 of these in stock :)
Thanks again for all the help guys, the electronic copy of the manual was a
big help as I can't find my copy....

73 Jeff kb2m