I have spoken to more than 50 clubs the past three or so years. As I prepare my
presentations,
I always go online and research the clubs. I want to see how they are
"marketing" themselves ...

Only two clubs in my region (Southern California) that I have encountered have
actually prepared
and sent to there membership a "customer/client survey" - a
document/questionnaire asking for
input FROM the membership of what they expect from their club.

And to be successful (in ANYone's definition of "successful") - one must know
what is expected FROM
the club leadership ... as well as what is to be expected from the members.

Which brings me to the Radio Society of Great Britain's recent project ...

http://www.rsgb.org/survey/

They have well-defined what their membership is, and what they expect from
leadership. We ALL can
learn from what they have done. It can be as simple as a membership mass-email
message of,
"What can WE do for YOU?" ...

Clint Bradford, K6LCS