At 05:38 PM 7/25/2011 -0400, you wrote:
>On 07/25/11 14:27, Clint Bradford wrote:
> > NASA PHOTO -
> >
> > http://www.nasa.gov/images/content/573236main_iss028e018218_full.jpg
> >

>This doesn't make any sense to me.  It looks like a launch, not a descent.
>If the shuttle went down at that angle it would be toast.
>
>I think they got their captions wrong?
>
>--STeve

I thought that too until I took another look at it.  This is a two
dimensional view of three dimensional space, so things in the photo might
give a different impression than what is described by it.  The decent only
looks step because the earth is a sphere and the orbiter's track in this
view is away from the ISS.

73
KB7ADL